Sunday, May 8, 2011

Man of The House

I knew it was coming. I can tell by the way he looks at me and the whine I hear in his voice when he talks. And then it came "Angie can you come do this for me?"
This particular incident was installing a printer on the computer. As if it is beyond his comprehension to stick the installation disc into the computer, click "run software" click on I agree to the terms and conditions and let the computer do the rest. But for whatever reason sometimes I get left to the responsibilites I think the man of the house should be able to do.
This has been a reoccuring theme since my childhood. Granted, I grew up with no brothers so of course some of the "boy" responsiblities would fall to us girls. But looking back I see that those boy responsiblities only ever fell to me. I have two older sisters and neither of them were asked to mow the lawn and take out the trash like I had to. When I asked my Dad why I was to mow the lawn when my sisters never had to he told me it was because I was the only one he trusted to operate a moterized vehicle. (And yes, that "moterized vehicle" was a push lawn mower.)
Then I thought it must be because of the boy in me. You know, that side of me that hated Barbies, and loved football.
But now I see that it has prepared me to be able to install printer software for my husband. All things work out though. Brian is much better at sweeping then I am. He really knows how to get in the corners and get the crumbs that I can never seem to be able to get. He must have been prepared to marry someone who was sweeping impared.

No comments: