We took a trip with Mike and Sara's family to Woolaroc. Woolaroc is a museum and wild life preserve in Bartlesville. We picked a good day to go because when we got there the staff told us it was the first time in weeks the buffalo had been seen. You drive through the wildlife preserve in your car and good thing because some of those buffalo were close enough to touch!
We also saw a few other animals including an emu, deer and a Texas longhorn.
After the wildlife preserve we hit up the theater to watch a video that Brian and Mike said had been the same video that was playing there when they were kids. I can't really say it was that interesting. In fact the only part I liked was the dancing Indian.
On our way to the petting zoo we stopped for a few minutes to play at the playground. The kids really enjoyed that!
I love these faces! I really wish we could see them more then once a year.
Brian and I also got in on a little of the action.
We tried to get Mike to get a picture on the deer also, but he turned us down and said "the best we were going to get was him leaning up against the wagon wheel" And that's exactly what we got!
Once we got to the petting zoo all I could think about was how much it stunk in there. And how I would hate to have the job of sitting in there all day. But the kids loved it so that's all that matters.
It was a fun day out with family!
4 comments:
What the heck is that a picture of, third one up from the bottom?
I think it is a fox skin
They felt a need to stick a Texas Longhorn (a cow!) in the zoo. Next thing you know, you are going to pay to see a squirrel.
We really enjoyed that day, too. I think I was too busy laughing during the movie to even remember what it was about. I think all I remember of it was the Indian. Glad I didn't sit on the stuff at the playground, it was too hot. I would like to go back during Christmas time at some point to see what it looks like. Can you believe it took me 13 years to make it there?
Post a Comment