Sunday, August 12, 2012

More Family Reunion

Brian's family all came out for a family reunion in Colorado this year.  Although I couldn't participate in the more adventurous activities because of my pregnancy we still had  a really good time seeing everyone.  I promised myself I would take more pictures this year, but of course I didn't.  So I will give a brief recap over the pictures I did take because they can tell a much better story then I can write.

Wednesday morning we all got to together and went to Chuck E Cheese.  Brian and I always play the basketball game and I usually beat him.  We decided to have an elimination basketball tournament with the adults.  I am sad to say I was eliminated the 1st round thanks to my brother in law Jeff.  Although I think it is worth noting that I beat him in the "practice" round.  I think I will demand a rematch when I am no longer 7 months pregnant to see if I can get a different outcome.  Being eliminated early gave me a chance to have some fun with the nieces and nephews.

Caty enjoying her horse ride

Kambria and Kayla

I love Kambria's face in this picture.




Derek stalking up the tickets on skeeball



Connor and Tanner playing skeeball



Later that day the boys went and played frisbee golf.  I opted to go with some of the girls to get a pedicure, and boy did it feel good.  The massage chair they put you in feels almost as good as the pedicure itself.  We then met up with the rest of the group for dinner.  After a failed attempt to get all 30 of us in at the same restaurant, we split up into two groups:  the Chick-Fil-Aers and the Chilis group.  Brian and I went with the Chili's group where he was able to resume his role as "Magic Brian"  Brian has always prided himself that his nieces and nephews think he is magic.  He does very complex tricks like attaching markers to a string and making them "disappear".  The older kids have caught on to his act but sometimes the younger ones are still fascinated with him.  This time it was Tanner and Halle.  Magic Brian had become a mind reader and no matter what number you thought of Brian knew what it was.  Tanner especially was very captivated with amazement.  I got some video of it near the end but that was once some of the excitement wore off.  I like this first video because you can see Jeff give Brian the number and the kids don't suspect anything.





The next day almost everyone went to Waterworld while we hung out with Brian's dad and his sister Kelsey.  We did some baby shopping and then stopped by the Coach store.  I wasn't really looking around very much in the Coach store because I knew Brian would never let me buy anything in there in a million years.  But then I was shocked to find out that Brian's dad was buying Coach bags for all of the girls and I was going to get to pick one out.  I was super excited!  It was hard to choose but finally decided on this one.

Friday and Saturday we spent up in Estes Park. I have to admit it was a little different then I expected.  It was the first time we have been up there and all of the locals talked about it was the most beautiful park in the state.  I'm sure there is a lot of it I didn't see because we mostly hung out around the campsites, but it didn't compare at all to Lake Tahoe where I went every summer as a kid.
Brian and I had a groupon to take a carriage ride around downtown Estes Park.  That was fun and we learned some interesting things about the area.  Here are some pictures from our ride.






My mother in law and my sister in laws were also nice enough to surprise me with a baby shower!  We got lots of good things and are very close to feeling like we will be prepared for baby's arrival.


Brian's mom also got us the swing we were wanting that matches our stroller/car seat and highchair.  I will get a picture of that when it is out of the box and set up.

Brian's aunt also made us two baby blankets and a quilt.  They are super cute!


If you look closely you can see she did little hearts for the stitching

And flowers on the stitching for this one


No comments: