Saturday, June 25, 2011
Awards we get
There are several types of awards we get throughtout life. Some of the seem to really mean something while others we are stuck looking at ourselves and saying really?? I can think of a couple of awards that I have got over the years. When I was a young one, I got a second place trophy for a baseball team that I was on. It was red and quite tall. I was proud of that one and put it on my shelf. Jeff or Craig must have got jealous since I came home one day and it was on the floor broken. I don't think either of them ever confessed. I also received many soccer trophies, but they didn't seem to mean much. Getting trophies for last place never quite does the job. In 8th grade my photo appeared in the yearbook for being the most talented boy in the school. I was kinda embarrassed since I thought most talented in my mind meant most dorky. Why couldn't I get the award for most popular or best dressed? Those were the cool awards. I guess my 3 tshirts that I always wore and my two pair of tight jeans disqualified me from the best dressed award and I guess you have to talk to girls more to get most popular. I guess I was a little shy sometimes. I also remember that I got an award for the boy scout pine wood derby race. It wasn't for first place or coolest car. I think it was for the most unique or special car. I guess some awards in life are given to those who make a great accomplishment and some are just given to try to make others feel good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment